Monday, June 7, 2010

Names, names, names... what do you think?

Okay, I just posted a message on my adoption waiting group wall, and actually included the name we are really thinking we are going to use for our new addition. It felt very weird typing it, and then when I proofread my message, it felt REALLY weird reading it! I even got a little choked up. OMG, I have so much to do, and here I sit blogging about names!

KaiLi Anne...  a lot of thought went into this name for our first daughter. Kai means "generous" in Chinese, and Li means "strength". Anne was my grandmother's name, and also the middle name of my mom, my sisters and me.

Elijah John... we have liked the name Joshua since we first decided to start a family, but now, 10 years later, I felt like every time I turned around there was another Joshua. We decided on another strong biblical name that was less common, so Elijah was born. John is my grandfather's middle name, and another strong biblical name.

If this next baby just so happens to be a boy, he will be Joshua. After all, it's still a name we love, and the chances of a boy from China are slim. A baby girl will be Josie. Wow, it still seems so weird to see it in print.  Her real name wil be Josephine, a nice Italian name, and a form of Joseph, Joel's dad's name. Her middle name will of course be after a saint, but that's still in the air. I like the name Kate, because of St. Katherine and I call my little sister "Kate" all the time. But hubby wants a full name, not a shortened version, for a middle name. I really like how "Josie Kate" and "Josephine Kate" sound. Think about how hard it would be to write out Josephine Katherine all the time, and that's such a mouthful!

The time is ticking now, and we need to make a decision...what do you think? Weigh in, please! (Unless you're going to tell me that you don't like the names Joshua or Josephine... I don't want to know if that's the case! LOL.)

No comments:

Post a Comment